This is for paid promotions, paid referrals and direct advertisements. This also includes the segues used to smoothly transition into and out of the sponsor segment.
- Giveaway of items, which are provided by a 3rd party and the announcement of the winner
- Advertisement of affiliate links
- Segues into a YouTube ad
Exceptions/ Edge Cases
Sponsor should take precedence over other categories such as Endcards/Credits. If possible, a clean cut should be made.
- If the whole video is about (or closely related to) the sponsor:
- Don't make segments covering the entire video.
- If the whole video is a sponsor, submit a Full Video Label using the sponsor category.
- If the video isn't entirely about a sponsor but could show bias for the sponsor, don't include the sponsor disclosure and submit a Full Video Label using the sponsor category.
- If the product stands in no obvious relation to the YouTuber, mark it Sponsor.
- If the product is advertised with the YouTuber's branding, but is still clearly a product of the company.
If the segment more closely matches the criteria for Unpaid/Self Promotion, it should be marked as such instead of Sponsor.
- If they are closely linked with or the product bears their branding exclusively.
- Free shout-outs for anything they like
- Other Channels
- Causes/ Charities
If a referral link is added or referenced, it becomes Sponsor
- no association/ affiliate to company: Sponsor
- Biased investment advice (stocks, cryptocurrency, nfts, etc.): Sponsor
- custom/ build-to-order products: Sponsor
- turnkey/ white-label products: Selfpromo
- considerable ownership of company: Selfpromo
- wholly owned company: Selfpromo
- Branded "G-Fuel" Energy Drink: Sponsor
- if there is an affiliate link or if it is customized for the content creator
- Merch through a third party distributor (RedBubble, TeeSpring): Selfpromo
- RedBubble and TeeSpring are turnkey solutions for merch with limited involvement by the parent company
- Beast Burgers: Selfpromo
- Beast Burgers are part of a turnkey solution by Virtual Dining Concepts. 
- LunarClient Partners: Sponsor
- LunarClient cosmetics are not turnkey
- Epic Games Support-A-Creator: Sponsor
- Content creators have no association with the brand and in their Application even states that any creator must disclose their connection.
- While "owned by creators", no creators have considerable ownership over the platform, It is owned by
|The sponsor at the start and the end both include their respective segues.||I tried Steam Deck early and it's awesome|
|The complete segue is included. There is a joke about the video's subject in the segue, but it is encouraged to include it as well.||Space Jam 2 - Terrible but very fun|
|The show is owned by HBO, but there is no obvious connection between the show and HBO.||Housing Discrimination: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)|
|Segue into a YouTube ad||Rick and Morty season 5 finale breakdown (spoilers)|
|Outerminds makes Video Game collaborations for other YouTubers as well.||Papers, Please!|
|The disclosure at the start shouldn't be marked.||We might need a Wi-Fi upgrade - Juniper Networks showcase|
|The disclosure at the start shouldn't be marked. Further mentions of the sponsor may be cut though, like the segment at the start or at 6:30.||Jerk Chicken|
|At 1:06 he is promoting his own shop. This is considered Self Promotion.||Honda Metropolitan II multipurpose lock picked|
|This is all about his keycaps. It is similar to using a company that produces and sells custom merch.||Make your keyboard thock for $3|