Jump to navigation Jump to search
An interval without actual content. This should not be used for transitions containing information.
- Static frames
- Looping animations
- Livestream pauses with no content:
- Looping animations
- Chat window
- Copyright disclaimers
- Parts of the video that were blurred by the YouTuber after uploading
- Topic themed intro animations and short cinematic openings
- Random unrelated clips with music, similar to an intro of a TV Show
Exceptions/ Edge Cases
- As a rule of thumb, you can assume, that anything containing speech should not be submitted.
- A greeting containing speech may be marked as intro if and only if it is separated from the rest of the video with a clear visual AND audio cut.
This category is not for:
- Getting to the interesting part of a video. (Highlight or Non-Music)
- Slow motion clips
- Disclaimers that are there to protect the viewer
- Spoiler warnings
- Content warnings
- Photosensitive warnings
- Context relevant to parts immediatly after the segment.
|The intro animation that is found in Linus Tech Tips' videos.||I tried Steam Deck early and it's AWESOME!|
|The spoken intro on Daily Dose of Internet may be submitted because it is the same everytime and no content is in the background. Normally any speaking would be considered content, but this is an exception.||Bread That Hates Mustard|
|Themed intro cinematic over music||OnePlus 9 Pro Review: A Huge Hasselblad Promise!|
|This cut is very seamless.||The Mask of Tutankhamun|
|The intro consists of random unrelated clips with music that give no context for the video||I need HELP with my new house...|
|Themed intros for The Studio that differ slightly between videos||Blind Smartphone Guessing Game!|
|The MKBHD Desk Setup Tour 2021!|
|Themed intro.||Your Hands Go INSIDE this Keyboard|
|In this trailer the first 5 seconds should not be cut, because you can hear the wind blowing in the background. The wind in this case is content.||KGF Chapter2 TEASER |Yash|Sanjay Dutt|Raveena Tandon|Srinidhi Shetty|Prashanth Neel|Vijay Kiragandur|
|The category shouldn't be used to get to the point of the video. A segment from 0:00 to 0:13 is not permitted.||Kyudo - the sound of an arrow being released from bow|
|The cinematic at the very start should not be cut, because it is vital to the context. Removing it leads to a decreased viewer experience. It doesn't matter that the title references it.||You wouldn’t DOWNLOAD a PC CASE?!|